Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Bird Nerd Geeks Out On This Fine Spring Day


Last year, both of my daughters painted a bird box for Mother's Day.  The gift was very appreciated, but sadly, a little late in the year for birds to be scouting out real estate.  

This year, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for nice bird family to move into one of our little pink houses (and I would dub them "the Mellencamps").    

Today, I spotted a perspective buyer.  A blue one.

My jaw dropped.  I suddenly felt like we were less like Beaver Falls and more like Park Place. This abode was deemed worth checking out by high society.  Suddenly, we were Ritzy. High class.  Privileged.  Oh-la-la!   .


Mr. John Bluebird-Mellencamp checked out the house and then sat on a branch, mulling over the neighborhood.  He might have been thinking, "lots of space, but not sure about those noisy riff-raff(i.e. chickens).  And that crazy lady staring at me like I'm made of gold. Disconcerting." 

Shortly thereafter, he flew away, hopefully to consult with Mrs. Bluebird-Mellencamp.  Like everything else in life, it all hinges on the little lady. 



No comments:

Post a Comment