Tuesday, May 28, 2013

None Of Your Beewax...

Because this is alllll MINE.



To properly store beewax (read this online): you should wrap up in plastic and aluminum foil , then stored in a cool, constant temperature area like your fridge, but NOT the freezer. At some point, I hope I'll have enough to make some candles.
 With slight apprehension, I fired up my smoker a few days ago.  Judging by my last check (the infamous inflatable hand incident) the hive was 2/3 of the way full.  So, while I had my smoker handy, I added another super and a queen excluder on top of that. 

As far as I can tell, my bees are doing great!    Still not real happy with me.  I want so badly to stop and take pictures, do some video, but... I've lost some of my bravado. 

And then this today....



Good or bad, I'm not sure....but it seems that they are really excited today.  I've never seen so many outside and around the hive


No comments:

Post a Comment